• Question: What A levels will I need to do something similar to this?

    Asked by anon-353726 on 6 Mar 2023.
    • Photo: Mary Richardson-Slipper

      Mary Richardson-Slipper answered on 6 Mar 2023:

      To study Physics at University, you would need to take A Level Physics and Mathematics. Further Mathematics is nice to have but crucially not essential! I would recommend picking up some university prospectuses (you can order paper copies for free from some universities, and some are available as PDF online) and look at the entry requirements. Some may require another science subject, but it could vary! I have A levels in Maths, Physics and Chemistry. I did AS Further Maths as a bonus but everything you get taught there would be covered again in your first year of undergraduate physics if you didn’t want to do or can’t do Further Maths, as I know it isn’t available at all schools and colleges.